To become a volunteer with the Florida House of Representatives you must:
- Complete the Application Packet, which includes the following:
- Application Form
- Policy 2.22, House of Representatives Administrative Policy Manual, Signed Acknowledgment Form. This form must be completed and signed by the volunteer and the Member/supervisor/designee requesting the volunteer.
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Background Check Form
- Copy of an official State ID (Valid Driver's License, ID Card)
- Email the completed and signed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive approval from the Office of the Speaker. Volunteers may not begin their service prior to being approved and given an official start date.
An application is processed as soon as it is received. However, a background check may take longer due to FDLE workload.
Please note: Approval by the Office of the Speaker must be received before an individual is allowed to work as a volunteer or a volunteer presented as an “intern.”